With us being close to the end of the week, our brains are tired, were looking forward to the weekend and in need of some mental stimulation. Here are some facts, figures, challenges and general fun to keep us all occupied for one more day.
- It is estimated that there are approximately 250,000 species of flowering plant on Earth, only around 85 percent of which have so far been catalogued.
- The sap of the daffodil contains sharp crystalline structures that make them unpalatable to grazing animals like sheep and cattle. Ingestion of daffodils in humans can lead to severe nausea and sickness and in some cases death. Stay away from those daffodils.
- Tulip bulbs can be used in place of onions for cooking.
- A rare plant called Puya raimondii from the Andes in South America has over three thousand flowers and in excess of 6 million seeds!
- Why do potatoes make good detectives? (highlight text below to reveal answer)
- Because they keep their eyes peeled!
- What vegetable do you need a plumber for? (highlight text below to reveal answer)
- A leek!
- What vegetable can you throw away the outside, cook the inside, eat the outside and throw away the inside? (highlight text below to reveal answer)
Feel free to add a comment...