To mark the end of the May, we thought we would collect a selection of some fascinating flower facts which you may not have heard of. Have any of your own? Please share with us in the comments section!
- The world's largest flower is the Titan Arum which can grow almost 10 feet tall. Unfortunately, due to it's horrid smell of rotten flesh, it is called the corpse flower.
- Moon Flowers are a special flower which only blooms during the night, and the petals close during the day.
- In 17th Century Holland, Tulip bulbs were more valuable than gold! The flower symbolized immortality, life and love. In most recipes, Onions can be replaced with Tulip Bulbs.
- White flowers are usually the more stronger scented compared to other colorful flowers
- Sunflower stems used to be used to fill life jackets before modern foam materials
- Ran out of onions when cooking? Use tulip bulbs!
- You can fit a bouquet of Wolffia flowers onto the head of a pin. These blooms grow on ponds and the body of the plant is only 0.9mm long and 0.5 mm wide max.
Feel free to add a comment...