Plants and Flowers that are Poisonous to Animals

Despite the fact that lots of plants seem fine for people and pets, the reality is that you can find plenty of these plants that are nothing short of poisonous for pets to begin with. With that in mind, we created a quick list to show you what flowers are harmful to pets, so you can keep your beloved animal away from danger.

Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera may be great for burns, but it’s toxic for a lot of cats and dogs, as it can lead to tremors, changes in the urine colour, anorexia, vomiting and even depression. So yes, this can be rather problematic for most pets, which means that you have to avoid this the best way you can. Otherwise, you will have to deal with a wide range of issues.

Baby’s Breath

Baby’s Breath is a great plant for people but again, it’s one of the flowers toxic to cats. It can lead to indigestion, diarrhea, vomiting and other similar issues. It’s certainly one of those things that you want to keep your pet away from as much as you can.

Gladiola

Gladiolas have a very powerful smell, but they are toxic to the cats and dogs all over the world. It can lead to diarrhea, drooling, vomiting and sometimes even salivation and lethargy. The problem is that most of these symptoms are hard to figure out at first, so it can be incredibly challenging to deal with something like this most of the time.

Lilies

Lilies are actually very toxic for cats, even if they are ingested in a really small portions. On top of that, there are lots of Lilly types that can be rather toxic too, not to mention that some will actually lead to kidney failures for your beloved pet. Staying away from this is a very good idea and a necessity to begin with.

Oleander

Oleander can lead to colic, diarrhea, breathing difficulties, muscle tremors and sometimes even to cardiac failure. It’s very bad for dogs and cats, but it can be even worse for horses too, so you have to do all you can to avoid contact with it when your pet is around.

Pothos

While it’s not as toxic as the others on this list, Pothos is known to cause things like intense burning, mouth irritation, lip issues, excessive drooling and even vomiting in the case of pets. So yes, keeping it away from your pet is a clear necessity and we recommend you to do that as fast as possible.

Tulip/Narcissus

Tulips look amazing, but they can lead to gastrointestinal irritation, depression and even a loss of appetite for both cats and dogs. Yes, Tulip/Narcissus are very toxic for your pet, so keeping it away can be a very important thing to take into consideration!

All of these plants are toxic for your pet, so we recommend you to keep it away from them as fast as possible. Otherwise, you will have to deal with many complications and pet visits. Thankfully, these can be avoided if you keep such flowers away from your pet!

Feel free to add a comment...