The sun is shining, the skies are blue, and the tennis is in full swing... it sure does feel like summer! I don't know about you, but Wimbledon's had it's usual effect on me - the talent and dedication is simply inspirational and each year I find myself in awe of the great players out on the court. There's such a buzz about it that it's hard not to get swept up in all the excitement. And with crowds in high spirits and the sun beating down, what a great way to spend summer days... Here are a couple of arrangements we think tie in with the spirit of Wimbledon:
The last couple of days have been the hottest so far in 2011, so here are some top tips to make your flowers last longer in the heat:
- First and foremost, bleach vases before use to get rid of any bacteria, as these can multiple in the heat and be harmful to your flowers;
- Before arranging your flowers, soak them in deep water for a few hours, or overnight, to allow them to absorb lots of water;
- Re-cut the stems before placing in the vase so they can continue taking in plenty water;
- Clear any excess leaves or stalks, particularly any below the water line;
- Keep your bouquet in a cool spot, away from direct heat and sunlight.